Performance ManagementSuccessful organisations work hard and incur considerable costs to attract and retain the best people. So it makes business sense to ensure that this investment is looked after effectively.
That is where great performance management comes in. It’s not a one-off intervention, but a series of interrelated people-based appraisal and improvement processes that give organisations and its managers the proper tools for the job. The aim is to make performance management simpler to implement and then to manage on an ongoing basis.
For example, you might want to:
- Devise a competency or capability framework that’s user friendly, avoids reams of paperwork and jargon and provides tangible and aspirational success measures across roles, teams, functions or the whole business;
- Assess the performance and climate of a critical team or map several teams alongside each other to highlight what's working well and what's not - our aspeyinsights team tools can help here;
- Implement 360 feedback processes that identify development needs as well as recognise and celebrate strengths;
- Benchmark performance across any number of employee- related dimensions within and outside of your organisation, for example, customer satisfaction, staff retention, or employer of choice;
- Align your performance management framework with your recruitment criteria, talent management and succession planning processes, learning and development programmes, and coaching initiatives;
- Develop the skills, buy-in and confidence of your managers and staff in using performance management and appraisal processes more regularly and effectively, so that they are not neglected or held as reluctant annual discussions!