In a rapidly changing world, redundancy is no longer unusual but that doesn't mean it's easy for anyone when jobs and the people who hold them have to go. People can be angry, self esteem can be damaged, and once valued organisations can become mistrusted by staff, customers and the wider community.
So when you have the tough task of making jobs redundant, you can rely on us to handle the situation in a sensitive, caring and extremely practical way with a confidential outplacement service that offers:
- Individualised or small group support for those faced with job loss and the often daunting prospect of finding a new role;
- Time and space to assess their skills, talents and potential, explore options, establish goals, rebuild confidence and plan for the future;
- Practical coaching and advice covering CVs, job search, self-marketing skills, networking, personal branding and online network groups, interviews and presentations;
- Guidance on other routes such as retraining, changing direction, freelancing, buying or starting a business;
- Genuine experience (since 1991) of helping people to secure employment during tough times such as recession, bubble burst, credit crunch or general economic downturn.
In any redundancy situation the immediate priority is support for those who are losing their jobs. The second is ensuring support for the remaining people who may be affected by, for example, a change in role, heavier workload, loss of faith in management, or fears for their own job security. We have extensive experience in helping "survivors" to manage the transition, bolster morale, and renew commitment, to help them move themselves and the organisation forward.
Click here to see an example of an outplacement programme or contact us if you’d like find out more about how we can help to foster self-respect and self-confidence in those who are losing their jobs, and also in those who are staying.