Sometimes organisations lose or fail to engage talented and experienced people unnecessarily. Even people in well paid, secure jobs can become frustrated if they feel under-challenged, or that they need greater flexibility, or that they have untapped potential just waiting for the right outlet - if only they or their employer knew what it was!
Good , multigenerational career management processes are a vital part of any organisation's retention, development and survival toolkit, so we offer a range of services to support both the employer and employee. These consist of:
Career Review - Independent and comprehensive one to one reviews that enable individuals to take stock of their experience, skills, and strengths, so that future aspirations and development needs can be identified and where possible, met. Click here for our career review information sheet.
Career Management Processes – a range of bespoke solutions to aid in retaining and actively managing careers, rather than leaving them to chance. These solutions are often intrinsic to other development initiatives, and include:
- Innovative induction programmes - to get people quickly engaged and feeling that their career here is starting out on a positive note;
- Talent management and succession planning - to grow and retain talent, develop mentors, open up career pathways and reduce the risks of knowledge loss or skills gaps to the organisation;
- Job and management skills training – to illustrate to staff at all levels that everyone’s career is important, not just senior players;
- Assessment and development centres – to identify, assess or develop talent, and inspire people to progress;
- Career development workshops – to encourage people to share ownership of their own career and maximise their potential;
- Initiatives such as job swaps, secondments, sabbaticals, higher education, or community involvement schemes – to develop new skills, refresh tired minds, or offer them the chance to “give something back”;
- Flexible working – to accommodate the needs of a diverse, multigenerational workforce;
- Planned retirement initiatives – to make the personal transition a smooth one rather than a sudden shock.
Meeting the aspirations and needs of a diverse range of individuals is a complex challenge facing all employers every day. So do get in touch today to see how we can help you to stand out from the crowd and win the war for talent through good career management.